Family Games for Firefighters: Play a game with yer family and help bring some fun to our firefighters. We all know that being a firefighter is hours of waiting around interrupted by intense, sometimes life-risking actions. We want to give some of our favorite games to our firefighters, to reward both family play and the boys and girls in red, we will set aside 10% of each tabletop game sold this weekend to use to give goodies to our firefighters.
Great 4th of July choices for family games include:
- Cover your Assets-our favorite family card game
- Hanabi–a co-op card based fireworks building game with the twist that the only player who can’t see your hand is, well, you. 😉
- Love Letter—the most interesting card game you’ll ever play with a hand size of 1 and only 15 cards in a deck.
- Spot it--great fun for all ages
- Boss Monster-Get rid of all the pesky heroes that keep trying to invade your Dungeon. JUST Released this month– Boss Monster 2!
Super fun for big groups (5 and up):
- The Werewolf Games
- The Resistance and Avalon
- Bang (The Walking Dead and Halo Versions)
Cooperative games (Everybody vs the game…not each other):
- Castle Panic: Keep the monsters from knocking down your castle…great for families (siblings). New expansion just came out: The Dark Titan.
- Forbidden Island and Desert: Complete the quest before the Island sinks from under you or you get buried under the dunes.
- Pandemic. Keep the world safe and healthy. (a lot less creepy then it sounds…even my 11 year old daughter loves it.) New expansion here as well: State of Emergency.
- Xenoshyft: Starship Troopers-style deck-building game where you and your space marine buddies try and keep the hoards of increasingly bad-___ aliens from overrunning your base.
- And in honor of our Firefighers— Flashpoint, the co-op game of keeping the day from going up in smoke.
And finally: Just plain great games.
- Betrayal at the house on the Hill: Just scary enough game where you and your friends explore(and create) the creepy house until one of you suddenly is chosen by the game as the Betrayer, and it becomes them vs. everybody else in the game to complete a secret mission. WAY fun.
- Five Tribes: New game…Mancala meets 7 wonders meets Settlers of Catan. On of those games that gets better each time you play it.
I vastly applaud those who have been making the effort and even succeeding at getting there to be more face to face time, and less face to screen. 😉