- Date Night Magic as always: Friday: 5 pm with pizza and drink ($20 with the draft and free card sleeves), 5:30 for just the draft. Please RSVP if you are going to do the food so I can make sure to get the right amount. (I don’t want anyone to go hungry, but I end up losing most of my profit if I over order. Pizza is currently from Bowsers.) Let me know if anyone is going to be later then 5:30. I’m trying to get the kids through all the rounds, but the closer we get to starting at 5:30, the better for everybody. BTW…I’ve been getting a lot of requests for a Saturday Date night, and I’m thinking about it seriously. Let me know if you are interested.
- Friday Night Magic Drafts: 6:30; These are slow to get started, but I’m going to continue to do the Play or Pack guarantee for those who show up if we don’t have enough to get the game on.
- Saturday Magic Tournament: 1 p.m. Format is Legacy, so any legal deck is fine. In the future these will have a $5 entry fee, but for the first few, they will be on the house. (entry fee will help to cover cost of prizes).
- Saturday Evening Draft: I’m doing a draft this Saturday and next for pure fun, and to build up our status with the Magic folks. Special discounted price…$12 without sleeves, $14 with. next weekend I will be doing my special Shards of Alara All Foil draft. That will be $20 instead of the normal $25, and will be my Birthday Draft. 😉
- Sunday Yu-gi-oh!: 13 and under Tournament at 2:30. We will be moving these to 2:00.
Prize Tournament also at 2:30. We will be moving this to 12 next week. Entry fee is $5. And the top prize is an Orient Dragon card (value ~$50).
Monday-Thursday 3:30 to 8. (Closed Tuesdays)Friday 3:30 to 10Saturday 12-8Sunday 11-6
Thanks for all the patronage. So far I’ve had to have a few quiet chats about language with the older kids and good sportsmanship with the younger (including my own), but in general the kids have been just great. I’ve been able to steer a bunch of the kids who know the games better to help out the kids who didn’t, and it has been great to see. We try and make connections with people who come in and are feeling shy about jumping in and introducing themselves, and I’m already seeing friendships develop that cross school, age and gender lines.