- This event has passed.
Magic Two-Headed Giant-Premium
March 23 @ 4:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Two-Headed Giants @ D20
Classic, Plus, and Premium…how does that sound? Every Saturday (except the first Saturday of the month and rare special events) we do two headed Giants as a team event. The rotating different versions will be:
- 2nd Sat-Classic: 4 of the current block (newest packs) ($20pp-4packs each)
- 3rd Sat-THG Plus = Fat Pack Wars. Each team has one member reach into the mystery box and pick out a pack that matches a random Fat Pack (or Bundle) from Born of the Gods to the latest. ($25 pp-6 packs each)
- 4th Sat: Premium – Master’s Chaos or Mystery box Prerelease kits. Each month we will switch off between 4 pack per person Chaos (mystery sets that include one of the Masters packs) or a mystery box prerelease kits from as far back as Return to Ravnica/dragons maze-6 packs plus promo cards per person
What: Two Headed Giant-two player team event.
Who’s it good for:
- Sweeties (couples…either where both play, or the significant other is looking for a nice, no-pressure way to share something the other person really likes)
- Parent/Kid combos (or big sibling, etc) Kids get to be the smart ones for once, and the parents get to see what this is about (and get a great date with their kid)
Two-headed giants are a team Magic the Gathering event. Teams usually comprise of buddies, parent/kid combos, and a lot of couples. Both players play together, sharing a life total, showing each other their cards, consulting with each other and playing at the same times. Because of that it is both great social fun, and probably the best way for a new player, or someone who is just curious what their buddy/kid/or SO likes so much about the game to get a chance to try without feeling any pressure to know all (or any) of the rules. Think of it like tandem skydiving…you get all the fun, without having to worry about when to pull the rip-cord.(It is particularly great for Moms or Dads who want to have a really cool date night with their kids. This event is a GREAT way for parents to figure out what this thing the kids are doing is anyway, and for the kids to get a chance to be the ones who know what is going on for a change. ;-)Because you play as a team and can help each other out, the kid gets to be the smart one for a change, and the parent gets to play without needing to worry about “doing it wrong”. Also…kids love having their mom or dad help them try and beat another team.)
Each player (head) gets a set of packs and shares with their partner to make two 40 card decks, one for each player . You’ll have plenty of cards to use to make interesting decks with that number of packs, and the cards you open are yours to keep. Teams play 3 matches against other teams (since the team starts with 30 life instead of twenty, it is a single game…they usually last anywhere from 25-50 minutes.) If you win a round, each team gets two prize packs. If you lost, you will most likely be paired up with someone else who had the same type of night, so it tends to balance itself out.
D20 tends to be a friendly place to play, and the Two-headed Giants are particularly so. We have great players who take pride in making other players feel welcome and remembering that it’s a game, its played for fun. 😉
Frequently asked Questions
What is it?: Two-Headed Giant Magic Tournament. (Two players on the same team, sharing life and playing in parallel against other teams of players)
Do I need to know what I’m doing?: Since both players play at the same time and can show each other their cards, as long as one of the two players knows what they are doing, nothing is required of the other player. It is the best, most fun way to learn the game.