Friday Night Magic is a draft format that runs starting at 6:30 p.m. the cost is $15, runs for 3 best 2/3 rounds with a prize pack awarded for each winning match. We have a friendly game designed to be fun for experienced players and welcoming to those who are just getting started and coming back to the game.
In a booster draft, several players (usually eight) are seated around a table and each player is given three packs.
- Each player opens a pack, selects a card from it and passes the remaining cards to his or her left. Player also removes basic (non-foil) land and any tokens, rule tips or ad cards.
- Each player then selects one of the remaining cards from the pack that was just passed to him or her, and passes the remaining cards to the left again.
- This continues until all of the cards are gone.
- Repeat with the second and third packs, except that the cards are passed to the right in the second pack and back to the left for the last pack.
- Players then build decks out of usually 23 the 40 or so cards that they chose and will add about 17 lands to make a 40 card deck.
To get an idea and do a practice draft go here.