Hey folks-here’s the scoop.
Magic Date Night: Saturday Night….NEW START TIME OF 4;00…not 5:30….and pizza is included in new price ($25) (less external food options. Pick up is by 8:30 at the latest (I’m taking my guys to see the Avengers.)
Pokemon Roaring Skies Prerelease event is this Saturday morning May 2nd. Here’s the deal. We provide the space, but it is run by the Pokemon league folks, and as much as they would like to, they can not do preregistration for the event. They’ve been allocated stuff for about 26 players. so it will be first come, first served, with registration starting at 10:30 am. It is $30 (cash directly paid to the organizers). Each player gets 6 packs of the new stuff to make their best decks with, plays a few rounds, and gets two more bonus packs when they return their land at the end. We WILL be doing our version of this event for the release the next week, so if you can’t make it, don’t want to risk not getting in, or don’t make it before they sell out, you CAN sign up in advance for the RELEASE event the week of the 9th (I started doing this for every new set after the first time when I had to watch a small parade of teary eyed kids…the Dad in me couldn’t take it).
There WILL be standard Pokemon League side by side with this event since we have the added space…
Parent to parent happy kid tips:
- It is not competitive and is good for all levels of players
- It will be a full house, so kids should either have parents around or be comfortable with that type of scene (as should you).
- Make sure they have food or $$ for snacks (please make the food both clean finger and rug friendly…I put in our human sized chessboard rug myself…)
- To avoid the sad kid syndrome…let them know that if they don’t make it into this one, that we will have a special one the next week for the release where they will get the same number of packs, but where you can sign up in advance so you are guaranteed a spot. Let them know that not everyone will get in and that you will give it a try. (See me if this happens….I can provide great words of comfort that come from someone who is not their parent, and is therefore much more heard. I know…my kids treat me like the wah-wah voice of the Peanuts cartoons as well.)
- Make sure they have a box or ideally small bag to keep their stuff in…with name on it. Every time we have kids leave a pile of good cards on a table and get very upset when someone else picks them up.
This is for the Release event on the 9th….NOT FOR THE PRERLEASE on the 2nd.