Huge news… We’re alive!! And have a new location for D20 Games…
So I get to come out of radio silence with excellent news… Found a new home for D20 Games. Many of you know of the fun and frolic we’re gone through over the last year+ since our building got bought. Well, we’ve been looking down the barrel at moving at the end of March and not finding anyplace good to be except ones that would literally quadruple our rent. (That was the source of the potential Kickstarter…trying to figure out a way to continue doing this that didn’t have a succeed or go utterly bankrupt component.)
But at the virtually last minute, phew!!!
The new location is 1530 Park St., right across from the Sub Par and a couple of doors down from the bike shop. We have about 3 months of work to do in the next 3 weeks, So it’s going to be a little stressful, crazy, and ultimately a very good thing.
In the meantime, Barn raising time… Gonna need some help and I’m sending out the call. If you have skills and are willing to lend a hand, send an email. We will need people with the following skills:
- Contractor types
- Media/PR types
- A video person or two (we need to make an ad or a few for the Alameda theater.
- Graphics people-digital and real
- People who can spackle and paint
- Tough and rough guys that can get some joy from tearing out an old horrible carpet.
- People with vans/pickup trucks that can help help us haul at first and then move at second.
- People who can help us find good donated homes for some things that need them (extra stacking chairs, boxes of common and uncommon cards to be made into donations for schools and after school programs)
- Someone in the area of the new store and the old store who is willing to get their yearly huge dumpster from the utilities folks that we can use.
- Other stuff???(just let us know what we can do.)
Email us at [email protected] if you can help.
Phew…and I mean phew…