Open(ish), and doing MTG Events!-Real Reopening first Weekend in August.
We meant to reopen at the beginning of August to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the store. But they went and released a new magic set that combined Magic and D&D so we snuck open early to be able to run some events. We are doing events all through the weekend of July 24th.
So here is the scoop with magic events through the end of August:
- We have missed 6(!!) in person prereleases during covid lockdown…we’re gonna do them all over the next month (and we will do them again till the next set comes out!
- Starting on the last week in August when we do Core 2021 prerelease events all weekend.
- Bringing back Two Headed Giant! This is my fav form of magic….great for buddies, couples and parent kid combos)
Keeping things safe. (really)
- We’re gonna do Sealed instead of Draft for all events including FNM till the end of August. Both because we got all these fun prereleases we didn’t do, and because I want to be overly cautious and not have people passing cards around to each other.
- Vaccination cards required for everyone 13+ for events in the store. I’m really not kidding about this. I’ve spent the last year an a half making choices to keep people safe, including waiting to open up. I’m not gonna be a place where variants get a chance to bounce around. Anyone who disagrees can feel free to email me and I will politely discuss it with them.
- 12 and under and 13+ events. Because there is no current way to get kids under 12 vaccinated, the best solution is to separate the events. Each weekend there will be at least one event that will be set up for the younger crowd. Adults (parents, etc) are welcome to attend, but will be advised to wear masks and MUST have their vaccination cards with them. PS, I know there are a ton of kids that have both the skill and temperament to play with the adults…they will get to do so again when things settle down.
- Smaller (but more) events. To keep the airflow good and give people much more space between each other, we are going to do much smaller event sizes. To help with making sure that no one shows up to not be able to play, we will have event tix available online. (We’re trying a new POS, so this is gonna change in what it looks like, but not what happens.
Adventure in Forgotten Realms Events